In order to have standard responses, Chat Templates can be created with pre-defined content. NOTE: these pre-defined responses, are automatically entered into the send-edit box when used by an agent so that he/she can use this text as-is or use it as a basis to create a more tailored reply.
When you select the Templates menu option within Management, the “Template Management” window will appear where you can Edit existing Templates or add a new one.
Creating A New Email Template
To create a new Template, choose the + Add Template button and a new window will appear. Fill in the following information:
- Tenant: Assign to the appropriate customer
- Template name: Name this template to describe the action
- Template type: Select Webchat
- Message: The message body with variables
- Message: The message body for simple chat with no formatting or variables
- Shortcode: Single word description for Agent to recognize Template within Agent Desktop chat GUI
- Save progress by clicking Save button
When creating or responding to a chat you can select different Variables which will automatically pull specific criteria from the database to be used within the email. Below are the Variables available.