This step shows configuring inbound email streams (email inboxes of the customer that need to be accessed for fetching emails) for the Client. Select Servers menu option in Email to view the “Email Clients Management” window. To add a new Email, use the + Add Email button. The following components must be filled in to create a new email client.
- Client name: Enter name of the email client configuration
- Tenant: Select the appropriate customer
- Host Type: Select the type of email protocol
- Email Routing: Select the appropriate Routing strategy that was created for the customer
- Queue: Default queue where the emails from this client eventually are handled
- Active: Check or uncheck for making email client active
- Is test: This correlates to this configuration in Routing Plan is still in test phase
- User name: Enter username for the email account
- Password: Enter password for the email account
- Host address: The server address to connect to
- Port: Enter if a port number is required (might be related to security protocol below)
- Poll Frequency (minutes): Set the minutes to poll for new emails that have come in
- Secure: Select security for accessing the email server
- Mailbox: If this account has multiple mailboxes, this field allows you to specify which one you need
- Test Connection: When you have specified all credentials the Test Connection button allows you to check whether you can connect successfully to the server with the specified credentials. If successful, you will get a green bar on top of the window with a proper message. If unsuccessful, you will get a red bar on top with a descriptive message
This Tab specifies the actions that can be performed on an email that comes in.
- Virus Scan: Whether a virus scan needs to be executed on the fetched emails (this might not be necessary because this could have been done already at entry point at the customers email environment)
- Spam Filter: Whether a spam check needs to be executed on the fetched emails (this might not be necessary because this could have been done already at entry point at the customers email environment)
- Extract text: Strips email headers, html, etc from the email in order to process the text properly (e.g. for language detection). This has no effect on how the Agent will see the email in Agent Desktop.
- Language detect: Detects the language of the email (used for processing the email within the email routing plan)
- Thread finder:
- Agent affinity selector: Specifies whether an Agent should be found that handled the previous email from the sender