A Campaign, covered by a project, is defined as an action that is intended for a particular purpose. In the call center world, a Campaign is based on customer interactions, which vary in nature. Think of telephone sales and support, market research and enrichment of information as campaign types.
The customer interaction can be established in different ways. Here we distinguish two main groups; where classification is based on the nature of the relationship with the customer.
- Inbound – For an inbound campaign, the initiative for a meeting is with the customer. The customer dials a phone number and then gets an agent on the phone. The agent answers questions about a product or service, the status of a delivery or takes an order.
- Outbound - For an outbound campaign, the initiative lies not with the customer, but the customer is approached by a company or institution.
The next section describes how to set up and configure a Campaign. The Campaign forms the basis of the timesheets and cost center. When you click the Campaigns menu option in Management, the “Campaign Management” window will appear in the right pane.
Users with a managing and controlling role, such as an Administrator or Planner, have access to Campaigns and are able to assign Users on Campaigns. They monitor the progress of the Campaigns through the available detailed overviews of results and activities.
Users with an executive role, normally the agents, use an alternative user interface, called Agent Desktop. In this environment, Agents have access to all necessary functions for a successful handling of customer contact. The settings that you apply to a Campaign therefore relate to the Manager environment, the Agent Desktop and different user groups. The procedure and the results are explained in the next section.
Creating A New Campaign
To create a new Campaign, you can use the + Add button and a new window will appear. While a new Campaign is divided into multiple tabs and inputs, below are those components:
- Campaign Name: This is the title of the campaign and is used for a display in the overview and reports as well as visible in the dashboard of the agent desktop
- Tenant: Assign to the appropriate customer
- Project: While optional, you can select the corresponding Project to the new Campaign
- Active: Determines whether you activate the campaign and make visible within your environment. You only need to check or uncheck the tick box
Agent Desktop Tab
- Template: Define the form and content of the Agent Desktop. You can choose from a selection of templates that would be set up within Templates. Please see Template article within Management
- Application URL: Enables you to connect an external source to your Campaign, such as a link to a website, web application or knowledge base
- Application Parameters: By clicking the predefined application and using the or keys, you can add or remove applications (mostly visible by Tabs) to/from the Agent Desktop
- Default Activity: Select where the Agent starts after logging in the Agent Desktop. You can make your choice from the selection menu that lists all current Activities. The Default Activity allows you to see the agents that are just logged in
- Logout Activity: Determines the Activity that is saved when the user logs out
- Custom CSS URL: Used when specific branding schemes are required
Chat Integration Tab
- Campaign Chatbox:
Template Parameters Tab
Key Performance Indicators Tab
- Target calls per hour: For inbound projects, the number of calls handled per hour is a key performance indicator. Fill in your desired target for the number of calls handled per hour. The information you provide will be included in the Dashboard showing the call results
- Agent strategy: Select the appropriate strategy for the campaign. This strategy determines which agent receives which conversation
- Reset skills at end of day:
- Quality Monitoring: Select to report on different Quality options
- Target # calls: Enter quantity
- Target # calls: Assign timeframe
- Call monitoring: Select different permissions for that Campaign
- Blending strategy: Select the strategy for that Campaign
You can enter billing data here but not applicable to all customers
Within the “Campaign Management” screen, you have access to an overview of your existing Campaigns. You have the ability to sort the list by clicking the column names of the results list. By clicking Edit button to the right of the desired Campaign, you can go and revise that specific Campaign.
Additionally, if you click on a Campaign, a “Campaign – Activities Management” window pane will appear below. You now have the opportunity to assign Activities to your Campaigns. In this overview, you can use the green + and red - buttons to assign one or several Activities to a Campaign. To adapt an activity, select the Edit button.