In this chapter, we will focus on the creation and management of user accounts. To make use of Leap Connect, a user must always log in first.
Login With A User Account
In order to access and utilize the platform, a User must be created within the Tenant by an Administrator. User authorization takes place when logging in based on the privileges that apply to that User.
NOTE: If the User credentials are invalid, an error message will be displayed. An account cannot be locked out by repeatedly entering invalid information. If the password is forgotten or lost, it can be retrieved by an Administrator on the Tenant. The platform supports most modern web browsers to include: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome.
Creating A New User
Navigate to the Users option under the Management section of the left sidebar. After selecting the option, the browser will load the “User Management” window. Choose the + Add User button.
- Username: This is a unique username used to gain access to the Tenant. The customer is free to define the naming convention of Users
- Password: Allows customer to enter a new password via the Choose Password button or View Password will provide a system assigned password
- Registration Code: This is used to finalize the user registration (not required)
- Fullname: User’s full name
- Tenant: Displays all active Tenants. Choose the appropriate customer
- Campaign: Displays all active Campaigns under the assigned Tenant. By selecting a Campaign, this User will be linked to that specific Campaign
- Role: Sets the User’s privileges. This ensures that a User, after logging on Leap Connect, has full or partial access to the functionalities of the platform. The privileges are associated with the function of a user.
- Employee Number (optional): Enter a unique employee number. Normally this field is filled with the employee number associated with the employee in your own workforce tooling
- External Username (optional): Store external usernames not used in Leap Connect. An example of this is a company e-mail address
- Mobile Phone (optional): Store a user's mobile phone number
- Email: Store a user’s email address
Now you are left with 5 user options that determine the use of an account:.
- Active (required): You can activate or deactivate a user account by checking or unchecking the Active checkbox.
- Choose Campaign: By checking or unchecking the checkbox, you give the user the option to choose a campaign during login.
- Restrict View: You can also determine whether users can gain insight into the details of all available projects of the platform or just need access to the information of the projects which they are a part of. You can activate and deactivate this by checking or unchecking the checkbox.
- Quality Monitoring: When active, the system will automatically select calls for Quality Monitoring.
This Tab will show additional information on the User. Fields will include: Agent ID, Last Login, From IP Address, Last Changed By, and Browser of last log in.
When there is a need for a Single Sign On relation with other applications, this tab allows you to enter the environment (i.e. the application context as specified in the related Apps configuration as SSO environment) and the username this user is working with in the other environment.
Basically here you map the user(name) onto the user(name) within the other environment that you want to integrate via SSO.
If you need SSO configurations for multiple environments, click + Add Another Row for extra rows.
Click Save to finalize and save the User.
Managing User Accounts
The "User Management” window allows you to search for, and manage existing user accounts. In the upper part of the window you will find a search panel with which you can perform searches based on following selection criteria:
The user's full name.
The user's username.
Define search for active or non-active users.
The campaign the user is active on.
The user's role.
The tenant the user belongs to.
After your search will get a list of search results according to the search criteria you entered.
You can sort the list by clicking on the column names of the results list. The Edit button allows you to edit a user account.
At the bottom of the results list, you will find a navigation panel. Use the previous/next buttons to navigate through the results or pick a specific page. On the bottom left you will find the amount of search results matching your search criteria.